Re: [TowerTalk] Base bolts for UST HDX-572MDPL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Base bolts for UST HDX-572MDPL
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:37:18 -0500
Good physical connection between threaded rod and concrete is GOOD. Large HD washers with a nut on both sides at intervals along the threaded rod help make a good connection. Washers can be made from scrap steel plate with holes drilled to accommodate the threaded rod. Making your own allows you to have thicker/stronger washers. Jim said it well... Threaded rod, galvanized is good. Plated is cheap and lasts poorly.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Thomson