Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting a dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting a dipole
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 19:26:38 -0700

That's probably because none of us have a true idea just where our effective "ground" is. It's not like there is some high conductivity zone in the top few inches of soil, or that everyone's soil conductivity profile is at all similar. I'd bet that in some low conductivity soils the effective ground is several meters below the surface, and I'll also bet that it is at least to some extent dependent upon the frequency of interest. I use and depend upon EZNEC and HFTA all the time, but I don't pretend they are any more accurate than the data I feed them.

Dave  AB7E