[TowerTalk] Tic Ring--de VE1JF

To: David Robbins <k1ttt@arrl.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tic Ring--de VE1JF
From: Jim and Hannelore Fisher <jwfisher@alumni.princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:44:50 +0000
Hi Dave--

My setup:
http://www.texasantennas.com/index.php?option=com_fwgallery&view=gallery&id=3:ve1jf&Itemid=268

I'm taking the tower down from 3 yagis to one EME array with K0XG el-az. In doing so, I will have two 1032 TIC Rings, two potentiometer-type TIC controllers, and no less than seven motors (gear-type: one master, two slaves; hook-and-eye type: two masters, two slaves--all in various states, some TBD, probably several will require rebuilding).

Also will be freeing one K7NV medium-sized prop pitch with TB4, 10' chrome-molly mast, Green Heron controller. Recently started freewheeling and yanked out the leads on the superboom C51XRNjf.

Within the next month I expect to have all this on the ground, plus the top 70' of my EHD Trylon 18AWS tower (40 will remain for the EME array) and 9ea Phyllistran guys, all heavier than equiv to 1/4" EHS. The mechanical conditions of the TIC motors and the reasons for K7NV prop-pitch free-wheeling can then be evaluated.

Also the superboom C51XRNjf, the boom of which is rated 180mph and was based by F12 on a boom they designed for an 80M beam and suitable for a wowser 80, 80/40, or whatever. If I split it up into three components, I have the elements for a C31XRH and a 240N. Also, on the ground, I have the predecessor EF-140H elements from my two original C51XR-H yagis.

If you know of some possible interest in these items, let me know.

73,

Jim VE1JF

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>