To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 129, Issue 29
From: k2cb@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 01:29:34 +0000 (UTC)

Dick - y ou are correct - The first year or so I had my new HDX-589MDPL tower
up, I used to find bees buzzing around it all the time. Then about a year and a
half later, I tilted it over for the first time, and you wouldn't believe the
dead bees I found inside the bottom of one of the legs of the lower most
section.

Now that the tower is three years old, I do occassionally get the "rubbing
noise " as the tower is raised or lowered and the upper and lower welded-on
guides rub against the inside / outside of  next inner / outer section . And I
no longer have bees swarming around the tower.  Any c oincidence?

I have been contemplating the idea of applying beeswax once again, but I think
it is a job for the next time I tilt it over. No easy way to do it vertically,
even with the tower cranked down.

FWIW, when the tower was delivered, the beeswax was almost all black due to the
dust and debris it attraced during its 1000 mile trek from the factory atop the
flat bed trailer.

Eric

K2CB