Re: [TowerTalk] Custom antenna design

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Custom antenna design
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:02:39 -0400
On 9/17/2013 David Gilbert wrote:

> The zoning laws in many municipalities prohibit it.

> Dave   AB7E

EXACTLY in this case.  When I put up the existing Antennas (as a right),
someone called the zoning Dept, who actually sent out an investigator, twice (I
had to explain to him that NYC HAS no rules for a ham antenna, just commercial,
roof loading, access, and there is a MAX height above roof, but one thing he
was REAL clear on was I went one inch over the property line, and I was going
to have to take it down, and he sat there with a transit on the line and LOOKED
as he made me rotate the antenna, and I was clear by a bit over a foot.  He was
fine with that, and the complaint was dismissed

Charlie
www.baysidephoto.com
www.thegallos.com