[TowerTalk] Fwd: Shielded shack

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Shielded shack
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:50:14 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Partick,

I am not intending to protect my shack from a direct lightning strike. A direct
hit would possibly evaporate whatever is there. When my first house burnt down
after a direct hit there were no traces of the TV antenna or its mast the spot
where the lightning stroke. I have more stories (second hand) about rather
heavy wires disappearing from direct strikes.

This discussion has been going on for some time now and the conclusion is that
I am better off using a wire grid instead (which I will do).
73 de,

Hans - N2JFS