Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ moxon antennas

To: John Geiger <af5cc@fidmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ moxon antennas
From: David Smith <w6te@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 08:39:04 -0700
Hi John,
I bought MFJ's 6 meter Moxon's last December. It is really very cheaply made
but it works as it should. I would not recommend this antenna in an area where
there is severe weather as I don't believe it could survive high winds, ice and
such.
I built a 6 meter Moxon that I use when I rove in VHF contests. They are very
easy to build. You might think about building one yourself. They work very
well, have a great F/B and a little gain.
73,

Dave - W6TE