[TowerTalk] Fwd: Topband: Fixed capacitor source needed (150pf 5KV)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Topband: Fixed capacitor source needed (150pf 5KV)
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 23:52:22 -0400 (EDT)
I used short pieces of coax cables at capacitors years ago. RG8 (tells you how
many years ago) will give you a capacitance of about 30 pF/foot. I don't know
how much space you have but five 1' long in parallel will give you about the
right value. You "just" have to terminate them well so you don't get flash-over
there. If I remember right we used that cable for 5kV feeders to
photomultiplier tubes.

Hans - N2JFS