Re: [TowerTalk] Shielding - slight OT

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shielding - slight OT
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 06:34:49 -0500
Small world... I had 1/2 time job while undergrad physics senior. I used a multi channel chart recorder to print out the audio signatures of H bomb blasts from 4000 nautical miles away via undersea propagation. That is except on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons when the "Fleet" sailed out of and then back into San Diego with their powerful radars transmitting. My recorder strip chart showed their primary and secondary lobes. A few yards away in a screen room much more delicate work progressed without interference.

I think freezer wrap would do a good job as shielding against RF interference.

Patrick  AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Ogden