Re: [TowerTalk] can I sub a Hytower for a 40m vertical in a phased array

To: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] can I sub a Hytower for a 40m vertical in a phased array?
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 22:24:43 -0400
Should be no problem to replace one vertical with another, regardless of 'shape'. You might have to tweak the phasing to get it exactly the same, as there is no guarantee that both verticals will have the same feedpoint impedance. As for using the Hy-Tower for 80m in the same arrangement ... you might need to remotely disconnect the phasing to get a good match on 80m.

I am using a home-brew insulated tower for 80m and actually have two up, but not yet phased. Will be remotely switching the phasing when I get the third one up.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>:

I currently have a 2 element 40m phased array, Christman fed, using 2 modified Butternuts as elements....I recently aquired a Hygain Hytower, but due to small lot size, am running out of space.....I was thinking of using the Hytower in place of one of the current 40m verticals, and using it both as part of the array, and also freestanding on 80m......any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

73, Jamie WW3S