Re: [TowerTalk] 49 ft long borescope camera

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 49 ft long borescope camera
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:53:38 -0400
On 10/9/2013 8:55 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:
OK...came across this today. It's a USB bore-scope camera with a 49 ft cable. What's not to love?

The only thing I can think of is that this might be useful for inspecting the inside of tower legs or maybe antenna elements. At this price why not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350567890477

No connection with the seller.

I've used them on large aircraft engines, but it takes a while to learn how to interpret the image. seen that close things do look quite different.

There are many uses for a bore scope including tower legs. It's amazing the crap that accumulates in those legs.

A long one, but not long enough to be unwieldy with its own lights can check, pipes, drains and other reasonably sized tubes. I doubt it'd be much good for a culvert.

73,

Roger (K8RI)