Re: [TowerTalk] Driving ground rods

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Driving ground rods
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 09:20:11 -0700
I have a Bosch demo hammer (largest hand held) for driving rods and used for much concrete demo/drilling. I made a rod driver from the shank of a broken carbide drill by MIG welding on a sch 40 pipe sleeve. It wouldn't stay together however as the weld alloy can't handle the shock and the tool steel doesn't take the weld. Best to spend a few bucks for the Bosch or Makita tool made for driving rods, probably S7 steel. It works fine for me.

Grant KZ1W