[TowerTalk] 80/75 Vee

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80/75 Vee
From: r miles <greenacres113@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 20:11:10 -0400 (EDT)

At the old QTH I simply put the end insulators 3' from the end of the wire. I soldered an alligator clip on each end. Since I was mostly on CW on the low end the 3' wire just hung downward. When I wanted to chase something on 75 or contest time on SSB I'd lower the ends & clip the wire back on itself. Making it shorter for 75m. After useage I unclipped the ends & I was good to go.

Of course if you are gg back & forth a lot this can be a pain. Especially if the WX isn't good.

K9IL