Re: [TowerTalk] Broadband 75/80m Inverted Vee

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadband 75/80m Inverted Vee
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 01:44:58 -0400
On 10/22/2013 10:54 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
I do not recall this article, I thought that he used phased dipoles after
his beam kept breaking.  So is this similar to a fan dipole except the legs
are equal length and the bandwidth comes from the 10' spacing at the ends?

Thought I'd add:
I use a center fed, fan dipole with 4' spreaders at the ends and equal length wires. It gives a useable bandwidth of about 100 KHz IIRC. I've been planning on adding a third wire using 6' spreaders and changing the wire lengths by about a foot each. For example 33, 34, and 35 feet. Those aren't the specific lengths I'll use.

 http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/AntennaFeed1.htm  Feed
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/AntennaSpreader1.htm current spreader on the high end

73

Roger (K8RI)