Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-as

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotshots w...
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:36:38 -0400
On 10/24/2013 4:14 PM, Steve Dyer wrote:
Because you run your *own* skimmer using your *own* antennas. You can completely disconnect the internet and it still works!
73,
Steve
W1SRD

I'm not into contests so I'm not familiar with much of this. I take it that if you use a computer connected to the rig "for any reason" you end up in a different class? And what's a "skimmer?"

I do keep my log on a spread sheet though which doesn't prevent dupes. Just makes them faster to find when you are done. Now that I only have one hand working, the computer is slower than a pencil for logging, but it's readable<:-)). I can hardly wait until I get the control of that hand back so I can type again.

73

Roger (K8RI)

<snip>