Re: [TowerTalk] Coax on Crankup-how to hang

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax on Crankup-how to hang
From: "WK1W Ivan Shapiro" <WK1W@ivanshapiro.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 13:18:33 -0400
Patrick AF5CK wrote:

I think there are folks out there who routinely raise and lower their towers
remotely without observation and experience no problems.  It would be great
to know how they do it.  One of my to be installed towers will be 300 ft or
so and not always fun.

I raise and lower my US Tower HDX589 MDPL both remotely from the shack and
at the tower itself.  Several key points from my perspective:

1) If in the shack I watch on any of three remote SONY PTZ cameras 9n brower
windows.

2) If at tower I watch directly

3) In case the up or down limit switches and/or relays fail I can kill the
power with a switch that feeds AC to the motor - if at the tower.  In case
of failure and I'm in the house I can kill the power with either the remote
switching box-or-if that fails, turn off the breaker which is nearby.

HTH
73
Ivan
WK1W