Re: [TowerTalk] Reaching Tennadyne/Cubex

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Reaching Tennadyne/Cubex
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:04:02 -0400
Tennadyne/Cubex is still in business as I ordered some new replacement quad wire via e amail and they responded quickly. When the wire arrived it was all pre-cut and marked for each band and element type for their 3 element quad which by the way is a super antenna and covers both phone a CW from a solid state amplifier that doesn't like SWR. They even sent me new eement crimps and mounting hardware. I have sent numerous inquiries about pre cut matching transformers for 10 and 15 and the replies were within 24 hours. Trap antennas look pretty when they go up but traps over time seem to always create problems internally. Plus they lack the performance of a 3 element quad or the convenience of a two element version. My only mistake was I did not add 24 and 18 Mz wires which would have been easy to do on the ground and which would have been helpful in the pile-ups on those bands

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ