Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Meter Balun Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Meter Balun Question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:59:15 -0800
On 11/21/2013 1:17 PM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:
I think the light bulb comment is unwarranted.

I'm sorry if you're offended -- none was intended. But most of us who have heard Tom speak on the topic have found the story a clever way of observing that some things work better than others. I have a vertical half-wave dipole for 40M hanging next to a very tall redwood, and I can make a lot of QSOs with it and get good signal reports. But if I switch to a high horizontal dipole in he middle of the QSO, the other station will tell me the horizontal dipole is ten dB louder.

My comments were specifically written for the original poster, and to give him enough ideas to think intelligently about his problem.

73, Jim K9YC