Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor location

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor location
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 18:56:12 -0600
* On 2013 26 Nov 17:55 -0600, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:
>     There are only 2 places where the rotator shelf  will fit - either at
> the junction of 2 sections or in a top section that has the  diagonals
> missing; e.g. BPL25G. Your choice.

This brings up a thought I've had for a while (forgive me for veering
off a bit) and that is using a rotor plate for an intermediate bearing,
or is the hole wrong?  I've thought that the thrust bearing top section
needs another bearing some distance down that section so the rotor could
be removed without the mast tilting over and it would seem the support
stress would be spread over a larger part of the top section.  Only
problem is getting a larger rotor inside a 25G.

Thoughts?

73, de Nate >>