Re: [TowerTalk] More crank-up questions

To: "Mike Reublin NF4L" <nf4l@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More crank-up questions
From: "Patrick Greenlee " <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 09:29:06 -0600
Mike, Be careful. Don't let anyone add excessive water to make the mix easier to work with or self leveling or whatever. That lowers the strength irrespective of what the strength would have been (how many bag mix.) You can have the delivery guy add a water reducer plasticizer shortly before pouring (but do allow time for it to thoroughly mix in) as the additive does not have a long pot life. This additive makes the mix act as if you had added water. It makes the mix easier to work, easier to get the voids filled for good reinforcing steel to concrete contact. This additive does not reduce the strength of the mix. Allows you to use the optimum water for strength while being easy to flow easy to work. The additive is not expensive.

Good luck to you, I get a little pain in my back just thinking about the job ahead of you.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Reublin NF4L