Re: [TowerTalk] RG-149

To: "'Mike VE3YF'" <Mike@ve3yf.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG-149
From: "Peter FORBES" <prforbes@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:04:19 +1100
Yes Mike,

I am not sure, but I seem to remember that this topic has come up before
when a cheap source of such cable came on the surplus market.

The only way to be sure is to measure the diameter of the inner conductor
bundle and the diameter of the dielectric and then do a quick calculation as
to the approximate impedance of the cable.

Also check what the dielectric is - solid of a foam.

Cheers

Peter  VK3QI