Re: [TowerTalk] Boom-to-Mast Tilt fixture

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom-to-Mast Tilt fixture
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:05:57 -0800 (PST)
Alan,

I'm able to tilt my US Tower TX-472 tower over with my Force12 C-4XL on it, in
one of two ways
w/o a tilt fixture...

The yagi boom is 30' long.  With the use of a 12' step ladder, I'm /just/ able
to reach the u-bolts
on the boom-mast clamp, loosen them, and turn & tilt the yagi as needed. See
photos at
http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower.

The yagi boom is in five equal-length sections.  With the tower tilted over,
I'm able to access
the hardware to remove/install sections of boom + element(s) as needed and
continue to
lower the tower using this method, I highly recommend finding some way of
preventing the
mast from rotating. My rotator has a brake, or I can use a section of angle
stock drilled
to accept u-bolts that temporarily connect the mast to one rail of the tower. I
used the
latter when I needed to work on the HDR300 rotator w/ my feet on the ground.

The above is what you do when you don't have a tilt-plate. Maybe it's not so
purty but,
they work for me.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC