Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting over an MA-770 or MA-850

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting over an MA-770 or MA-850
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:42:34 -0500
I would just not crank it all the way down or add a 10' mast. If it is
motor driven, perhaps you can move the micro switch to avoid the antenna
hitting the roof.  If you cannot tilt it partially extended, you could
install the antenna when it is vertical using a manlift. Due to friction,
extending the tower when it is not completely vertical is probably not a
good idea.

John KK9A