Re: [TowerTalk] Screw anchors

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Gunsrus1942@Comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screw anchors
From: Paul Staupe <staupe@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 18:58:43 -0600
Tom,

I used 6' Chance screw anchors to install my 76' stick of Rohn 45G four
years ago.  Soil here is about 1' of topsoil, clay underneath.

I dug through the topsoil and used a square steel bar about 6' long that
just fit through the opening on the Chance anchor and used the armstrong
method to grind them down through the clay to about 6" above ground. Lots
of sweat equity, but it only took about a half hour per anchor.

I have a 4L SteppIR at 77' and a 2L 40M Moxon at 95' and the anchors have
never budged.

Best regards,

Paul W0AD
Minneapolis