[TowerTalk] HAM IV won't reverse direction after reachind end of travel

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HAM IV won't reverse direction after reachind end of travel stop
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:29:40 -0500
You can bypass the limit switch at the control box to see if the limit
switch has failed open.  Jumper the two wires to the limit switch and see if
it moves in the CCW direction.

Jim - KR9U

>Yes,? in this failure more, the ring gear tang is up against the pivoting
lever arm that opens the CW end-of-travel switch.? In thinking about it some
more, I wonder if the lever arm?is loose vertically such that the tang is
pushing it up (as well as laterally) and wedging up under?the lever arm?and
against the drive pinon gear, so the ring gear can't back out when the motor
is reversed.? I'll have to check when I get home from work tonight...

******