Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone use a 120' qso king?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone use a 120' qso king?
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:58:34 -0500
On 1/27/2014 8:30 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:

I have to admit, soldering with one hand takes a bit of ingenuity.

73

Roger (K8RI)

I probably have lead poisoning from using my "other" hand to hold and feed solder to a heated joint.

If you wear glasses it depends on how close they'll focus.
A rubber band to hold needle nosed pliers closed, Velcro strap yo hold it to my leg, just above the knee. Sometimes have to use duct tape, a 1" wide strap will hold the roll of solder so you don't have to cut pieces. The leg has surprisingly smooth control in all three axises. When I had both hands working, I flew a Friends plane that had no break out force or force gradient in pitch. I'd put my hand on my right knee and hold the stick with two fingers. I sneezed and it took about two miles to stop the PIO. <:-))

I haven't found a substitute for my left hand when it comes to playing the Guoitar.

73

Roger (K8RI)

(Other hand is located an inch or so below your nose.)

Patrick NJ5G

---
is active.