To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 134, Issue 15
From: "Larry Stowell" <lclarks@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 13:20:38 -0500
I've been using the D – L SA9015ac for several years on my
Aluma 75HHD the thing to be cautious about is to order the winch
without the clutch so it's power in power out and no freewheeling.
They will also wire the remote control so it plugs in to a pigtail at the winch
I store the remote in a watertight box next to the winch. The motor used
is actually 120 V DC motor that uses a full wave bridge to convert the AC to DC
for the motor. The only problem I've had was when I first got it I was
plugging in the 120 V AC before the remote, now I just attach the remote
before the AC and all is well. I do take my time when I retract the tower and let
the break cool down.

73, Larry K1ZW

Hi Jim,

One of the better manufacturer sites giving some insight into the
choices available to you for a given job at hand is the Dutton-Lainson
Company <http://www.dutton-lainson.com/categories.php?cat=15>.  They
offer electric, brake, worm-gear & pulling winches, along with a host of
spare parts and a 5 year warranty on most winches.  If you click on a
given winch at the site, a comparison table is available to you.  The
table can and will change, given the type of winch selected for comparison.

http://www.dutton-lainson.com/categories.php?cat=15

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com

---

End of TowerTalk Digest, Vol 134, Issue 15