Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor

To: Bill Erickson <ericksonw@gmail.com>, EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:34:32 -0800

On 2/17/2014 6:04 PM, Bill Erickson wrote:

I removed the hand crank and reinstalled the nut that holds the crank onto
the shaft of the winch.

What prevents the nut from unscrewing when you drive it CCW?

I cut off the socket end of a 3 inch long 1/2 inch drive extension. I
milled 3 flats on the cut off end of the extension. This could also be done
by grinding, it just wouldn't look quite as professional.

You know you can buy a hex to square drive adapter for a few bucks.
You can also buy hex to socket adapters for the particular nut you have.
I have many of both kinds in my tool box.  Why make your own?

Bill   N6MXU

Rick N6RK