Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and Property Tax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and Property Tax
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:04:41 -0500
I have had this tower at 3 locations in 2 states and have never seen the tower reduce my property evaluation or those of near by houses. In fact, the properties increased at slightly above the rate of nearby houses.

Taxes are based on property value. The local school board gets far more than the county.

I have discussed this with members of the US Congress who continue to tout the line about lowering property values. This keeps them in good favor with Home Owners Associations who have never seen a tower they like (ham or cell).

73 Dave K4JRB