Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox cleaning

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Penetrox cleaning
From: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:04:36 -0700
+1.

WD40, elbow grease and scotch brite work wonders.

Chris
KF7P

On Feb 22, 2014, at 12:47 , Ralph Bellas wrote:

Doug, I use WD40 and a green scouring pad.  I wear gloves for this job because
your hands will get stained.  It seems to work as well as fine steel wool.
Invariably I got a sliver of steel wool in my hands.   In 40 years I always got
used antennas and refurbished them.   If a plated U bolt was rusted I found a
galvanized one and replaced always what nuts and bolts I could with stainless
steel & anti-seize.RalphK9ZO