Re: [TowerTalk] K0XG

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K0XG
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:25:34 -0500
Pulse sensing can also have problems. If the antenna should happen to
rotate when the control box is off the antenna would no longer be in the
correct direction.  Also the control box has no way of knowing what
direction it is turning, it only knows that it is turning.  A pot is nice
because it will not loose calibration, however they are more susceptible
to moisture and lightning damage. I had to change one out on a TIC ring
just hours before the WPX RTTY contest earlier this month.

John KK9A