Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Tower Update Planning Stage

To: Michael Warren <ka5rej@yahoo.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Tower Update Planning Stage
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 08:07:51 -0700
Most of what you need is in the Rohn 25 brochure http://www.rohnnet.com/filedownload/downloadfile/fileid/17/filenum/0/src/@random48eced0c124b9

It appears to me from the Rohn specs, most 40m 2L yagis are within its capacity if properly guyed. Texas Towers and others can supply what parts you need. If the top section is the one with the 2" id tube then you don't need a new top section and the problem is how to get a mast into a erected tower. You can put a shorty mast (5'-10') by armstrong + gin pole but a 20' will take a crane or boom lift.

Did you do the original installation? If not, hire the installer again. You might have wind exposure that warrants a PE analysis and better guying than in the Rohn catalog.

The G1000 is asking for trouble rotating a 40m beam, IMO.

Grant KZ1W