[TowerTalk] Screw Anchor to Guy Wire Attachment

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor to Guy Wire Attachment
From: N3AE <n3ae@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 17:17:55 +0000 (UTC)
I'm trying to find out the proper way to attach two or three guy wires to the
head of a screw-in earth anchor.

I'm using Hubble Power Systems (AB Chance) PS816 "Triple Eye" anchors. The top
the the eye is 1 7/8" wide (edge to edge parallel to the open axis of the eye).
Seems too wide to take a pair of typical equalizer plates.

1. Short loops of guy wire (with clamps or pre-forms) through the Triple Eye"
with each loop going to a thimble at the turnbuckles?

2. A beefy shackle through the Triple Eye, with an equalizer plate attached by
the shackle bolt. Closed-eye turnbuckles from the equalizer plate to the guys?

3. ??

The Triple Eye was clearly made to take up to three guy wires looped through
the eye. In retrospect, I should have bought the oval eye or thimble eye anchor
to use with an equalizer plate.

Live and learn.

Thanks

Shawn - N3AE