Re: [TowerTalk] New windows versus my antenna wiring

To: J Chaloupka <boltsnutspins@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New windows versus my antenna wiring
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 12:58:51 -0400
Jim has explained the optimum solution - windows are made for ventilation
and light, not for passing things through.

My house is concrete block and stucco, with rebar and a poured concrete
cap, which makes the wall solid. I used a core drill and put a small NEMA
box on the outside, a 4" PVC box on the inside. I put a piece of 2" copper
stap inside, leading to a SPG  outside, and a single ground for equipment
inside. I have 4 Bury Flex runs, a 24 conductor SteppIR control wire and an
8 conductor rotor wire. My windows are intact.

My wife would have some heartburn over the window solution.

Mickey N4MB

On Wednesday, April 9, 2014, J Chaloupka <boltsnutspins@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Go through the wall, somewhere around and away from the window for the
> least troublesome instalaton.  Mount an junction box on the exterior and
> interior.  The boxes are commercially available from stock or custom made,
> special for your purpose.
> If you have a concrete wall rent a diamond core drill bit and a right
> angle drill motor and make the hole in about 2 minutes.  For a wooden wall
> use a "sawsall" or your imagination and the tools you have available.
> If you are not feeling competant, ask the window instller to make the hole
> for you.
>
> JIM-wd8qbq

>  From: Fred Keen <fredkeen@ymail.com <javascript:;>>

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*"Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn." *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.