[TowerTalk] Antenna matching values

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna matching values
From: "Drax Felton" <draxfelton@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:44:02 -0400

I have a phased set of four 2 meter Yagi's that I tuned using the gamma
matches on the antennas the best I could.

Now that the antennas are 90 feet in the air I have a slight SWR problem at
the input of the array and cannot load my 1kW solid state amp to full power
without it locking out.

I'd like to put a matching circuit at the input of the array on the tower
end to avoid feed line losses.

I need to know what fixed values of impedance, capacitance, and inductance
to put into two T match or other circuits to get nearer to a 1:1 SWR.

This is what my antenna analyzer says now:

When using horizontal polarization

144.100 MHz   R=17  X=0  SWR 2.9

When using vertical polarization

144.100 MHz  R=36   X=25  SWR 2.0

I know one of you is a good electrical engineer and can point me in the
right direction.