Re: [TowerTalk] Leeson Washdown

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Leeson Washdown
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 17:36:15 -0700
On 4/27/14, 5:03 PM, andy ronan wrote:
Hi guys

Looks like the three year old motor on my Tashjian 70ft tower is going south
(smoking like a burnt pizza).
It is a Leeson Washdown model C6C17WB1J 1/2 HP. Just wondering if anybody has
replaced one with a slightly larger Hp (3/4) and if the mounting holes line up.
I dont wont to reinvent the wheel but would like a replacement drop in with a
larger HP rating. Tower is only lifting a 4 el steppir and 2 el 40 with a 15ft
1/4 steel mast.

the C6C17WB2K is a 3/4HP washdown single phase motor in the same NEMA 56 frame, so it should swap out with no problem. You'd want to check to make sure the shaft configuration, etc. is the same. (i.e. is a 1J the 1/2 HP and the 2K the 3/4 HP, otherwise identical, or should you be getting a 1K or a 2J... the leeson catalog would tell all)

Cat #112432 vs 112431

http://www.leeson.com

You'd also want to check the electrical ratings on the controller (Locked Rotor or start current, for instance..)

Full load for the 3/4 HP is about 11 Amps, 9 Amps for the 1/2HP

http://www.leeson.com/leeson/searchproduct.do?invoke=viewProductDetails&motorNo=112431.00&productType=0

http://www.leeson.com/leeson/searchproduct.do?invoke=viewProductDetails&motorNo=112432.00&productType=0