Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Rotor control cable connectors

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Rotor control cable connectors
From: Tom_N2SR via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 13:55:50 -0700 (PDT)
The Wireman has what you are looking for.  8 pole molded male and female
disconnect.

https://www.thewireman.com/prodpix6.html

I do not own The Wireman, nor do I work for them, therefore I have no
interest.  Just passing on information.

Tom, N2SR

On Monday, May 19, 2014 11:01 AM, Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
wrote:

Matt, That is certainly a good pro way to handle the problem (older
persons substitute word for "issue.") I am doing essentially the same
thing at the terminal strip, exiting that terminal strip area with a
made up cable (separate insulated wires with a couple layers of shrink
over them and plenty of silicon rubber (RTV) inside over the terminal
strip.  Nicee and weather proof.  Where you went with a J-box and
internal terminal strip, I wnet with a pair of 4 pin polarized "flat 4"
trailer connectors.; With a few wraps of tape and some RTV and you are
weatherproof. Coax seal is even easier to put on and take off and would
work good.as well.

Comparing the two approaches is like arguing whether it is 50 cents or a
half dollar.   With a note paper inside the J-box as a reminder of what
color wire goes to which number terminal (unless of course the other
cable is same colors) and you are in business.  About the only advantage
I could claim is a little cost and the ability to connect and disconnect
in the dark without needing a third or fourth hand and a light.  I do
not intend to be plugging and unplugging in the dark and the savings
won't buy much these days.

73,

Patrick NJ5G