Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting final 25G section with mast nested within.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting final 25G section with mast nested within.
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 19:12:26 -0400
On 5/25/2014 6:16 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
Check out http://k7nv.com/notebook/id7.htm for an analysis. btw the Rohn pole is 0.125" 6061 wall and rated for 45G @70# per section.

Never use a pole as a tram tie off or pull at an angle against the pole.

I don't see anything suggesting that.
I use a 20', 2", 1/4" wall, 6061-T6 Gin Pole with a double mount (2 clamps) to raise 45G sections and well over 100#. The braided rope (don't use rope with a twist) goes through a pulley at the base of the tower so the go-fers pull straight out. Use a proper hook for the pulley. The rope to the gin pole should always pull straight down.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Grant KZ1W