Re: [TowerTalk] Bracing, grounding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bracing, grounding
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 17:19:40 -0400
On 5/26/2014 5:12 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:
On 5/26/2014 9:14 AM, Jim Lux wrote:
On 5/26/14, 5:49 AM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
The base for my crank-up tilt-over 70' tower is poured in a 48"
diameter 10' deep steel culvert. My ground wires are attached to the
rebar and were also supposed to have been attached to the culvert,
but were not (long sad story). It would be very very difficult to
attach them to the culvert now.
Sorry, I missed that part. I don't see a problem with running a copper strap or heavy (large gauge)wire from each tower leg to the top end of the culvert. That should work just fine. It does not have to be welded to the tower legs, but properly clamped.

73

Roger (K8RI)