Re: [TowerTalk] Utility Pole as Beam Support

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Utility Pole as Beam Support
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 19:49:17 -0700
On 6/3/2014 7:01 PM, n0tt1@juno.com wrote:
I'd be tempted to rig the beam and mast with a "tilt-over" feature
using a small winch to make it a no-climb antenna structure.

My neighbor, N6RZ (SK) had a 3-el 20M monobander on a telephone pole in his front yard. He had a long 2M Yagi on another such pole. I helped his widow dispose of his stuff, and organized the parties to take down his antenna farm. The guys who took stuff down from those two poles described them as being in pretty poor shape, and they were quite careful to avoid stressing them when they climbed them.

73, Jim K9YC