Re: [TowerTalk] irrigation tube as conduit

To: "'Ingrid Johnson-Evavold'" <evavold@centurytel.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] irrigation tube as conduit
From: "Joe K2UF" <joe@k2uf.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 13:10:47 -0400
I am not sure how big your irrigation tube is.  What I have done several
times in the past is tie a small plastic bag to a length of small dia.
Dacron rope.  Put the plastic bag in one end of the pipe.  Make sure you tie
off the far end of the line (long enough to reach the far end of the pipe).
Place shop vac or some other strong vacuum machine at the far end of the
pipe.  Turn on the vacuum and wait about 5 or ten seconds and the plastic
bag will be in the vacuum hose.  Works real slick.  I would suggest when you
pull your wire through you attach a length of Dacron to it so you can pull
something else through at a later date.  The vacuum/bag method may not work
as well with a wire already in the pipe.

Good luck,

73  Joe K2UF