[TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-555 Rotator Mounting Plate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-555 Rotator Mounting Plate
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:34:01 -0500
I'm concerned that I'm going to have too much mast above the thrust bearing
relative to the length of the mast below the thrust bearing. I want to have
15-feet of mast above the thrust bearing. The rotator mounting plate that
came welded in the tower is about 4-1/2' below the top plate.

I'm planning on mounting a KT36XA a few feet above the top of the tower and
a Cushcraft XM240 8 - 10' it. I was planning on using a new Hy-Gain T2X
rotator that I have, but am considering buying a new M2 Orion 2800 because I
believe it would be much stronger.

What I think I want to do is install a rotator mounting plate down farther
in the top section of my crank up tower. So far I have not been able to find
a source for a rotator plate for an HDX-555. Any suggestions or comments?

73,
Marsh, KA5M