[TowerTalk] T2X Tail Twister rotator freezes in place below 32 degrees ?

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X Tail Twister rotator freezes in place below 32 degrees ?
From: "Dick" <k8ztt@centurylink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:51:00 -0600
In line with Mike's comment concerning the ball bearings; after being in the
elements for 30 years, you most likely will find the ball bearings in pretty
bad shape.  A new set is not going to set you back an "arm and a leg"; you
might well find they need replacing too.  My personal experience in over
hauling rotors is to remove and replace anything that at all looks like it
is worn.  You want the rotor to be in tip top shape when you lug it up to
the top of the tower and re-install it!!

Dick, K8ZTT