Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for an electric foldover winch?

To: "fserota@msn.com" <fserota@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for an electric foldover winch?
From: Ralph Bolt via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:35:57 -0700
To: Fredric Serota <fserota@msn.com>
Cc: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for an electric foldover
    winch?

I use this gear motor on a home-brew frame to raise my Texas Tower TMM 541.
 It's slow but effective.  I simply put a chain sprocket on the motor and on
the Fulton crank handle, built a frame to attach it to the tower and it works
fine.  RPM is ten with 500 inch-pounds of torque.  The motor is 110AC and is
reversible.

At the website, see gear motor VW100 and I used the model with a 162 gear
ratio, 4-pole

Google for chains and sprockets or email me and I'll dig up a reference..

http://www.vonweise.com/ProductsVW.PDF

Ralph, K0HML