Re: [TowerTalk] Tower climbing Boots

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower climbing Boots
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 10:25:34 -0500
Viet Nam jungle boots, the OD ones with drain holes just above the sole. Mostly Nylon canvas uppers , leather lower, and came with a spring steel anti "punji stick" protective insert in the sole. Comfortable and made in lots of sizes and widths to accommodate rank and file draftees. The lug sole is sufficiently stiff to give good support and the lugs give sure footing on the tower. They lace up all the way and give good ankle support. For their ruggedness they are quite light and comfortable. My SAC outfit didn't get them issued to us so we bought our own.

Patrick NJ5G