[TowerTalk] LED fix for your rotator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] LED fix for your rotator
From: <jpk5lad@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 20:28:01 -0700
The older I get, the harder it is to read the dial on my CDE/Hy-Gain/MFJ rotor
control boxes.  I never could get very good mileage on the 28 volt bulbs powered
by the internal meter power supply.  Those bulbs were not regular residents in
my
junk box, and several attempts to provide illumination some other way were less
than successes.  I even tried the RotorEZ folks but they won't respond to their
customers' calls.

Recently, I discovered an easy to provide, inexpensive, and easily reproducible
way to light up those control boxes.  I just uploaded the article to my website.
Go to the home page on my website at:   <www.hayseed.net\~jpk5lad\>
On the lower left area of the home page menu, choose "Repairing Antenna
Rotators"
This will take you to the "Repairing a Rotator" page that gives a selection of
several articles on rebuilding and repairing ham antenna rotators.

The new article is titled, "Adding LED Illumination to Antenna Rotator Control
Box" and is menu choice #4.

I hope this provides you with some useful hints to make your ham activities
even
more enjoyable.

73,
Jim - K5LAD