Re: [TowerTalk] Rivet Tool Info

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rivet Tool Info
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 07:51:08 -0500
I have both the standard size hand riveter and the pneumatic. There is a time and place for both.

Once upon a time I worked on a contract on the Army National Training Center at Ft. Irwin (war gaming.) I ordered a pneumatic "pop" rivet gun. My boss commented he uses a hand pop rivet tool at home and didn't see why my team couldn't manage. I pointed out line item 2 which was several thousand rivets.

I concur with the one hand comments. You might need a hand to hold things in place to rivet them or you might need a hand to use for your safety. However, there may be times when compressed air is not conveniently available and the rivets are large and a bit of a challenge for the little hand tool. I will probably be adding one of these larger tools to my hoard.

Patrick NJ5G