Re: [TowerTalk] combining TV antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] combining TV antennas
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:59:40 -0700
On Tue,8/19/2014 5:21 PM, Dick NY1E wrote:
Can I use a splitter to combine 2 TV yagis pointed in different directions?

Sure.

Does making the feedlines from the spilitter the same length matter in this
case?

No.

Depending on signal strength, you may want a preamp on the output of the splitter. A really good splitter will burn 4 dB, a poor one will burn more. The best splitters I know of are Mini-Circuits. Not cheap. If you bring both feedlines to the splitter and get AC power at the splitter, you could add a preamp at one or both of the antennas. The Channel Master 7777 and 7778 are the best preamps I know of.

73, Jim K9YC