Re: [TowerTalk] Nicked with lawn mower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Nicked with lawn mower
From: Chuck Smallhouse <w7cs@theriver.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 00:56:13 -0700
I think that the best remedy is to use a length of heavy duty shrink tubing, over the damaged section, with the meltable glue like substance lining its inside. I have heard that among other places, that harbor Freight might carry some sizes of it.

I have used it for many years, to cover all of my outside exposed coax connectors, even as large as 1 5/8" Heliax connectors. I purchased a large supply, that I'm still using, more than 20 years ago. I've never experienced any water intrusion when it has been used.

W7CS