Re: [TowerTalk] Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident

To: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, 'n4zkf' <towertalk@n4zkf.com>, 'Joe K2UF' <joe@k2uf.com>, 'Ken Beals' <k6mr@outlook.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sad day - W9ZUC tower accident
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:18:09 -0400
The story is a sad note for sure, and hopefully a learning   lesson for those
who do climb.

I have been using a full body harness for a loooooog time . dual Lanyard's
fall arrest on the back D Ring

and a dual snap spreader  with a Gorilla hook

I no longer FREE climb (  I would be hypocritical if  I claimed   I never DID .
 I  normally step to the tower base   and adjust my strap lengths to the tower
diameter lean back taunt  on them ... Un hook them and  free climb to the frist
set of guys or side mount/tic ring.... )

 And I no longer climb ALONE .........

My  .02

Wayne   W3EA